Plant and Nature Related Organizations
These organizations are listed here for no other reason than for the convenience of the MNPS members. Being on this list does not imply endorsement by MNPS. An organization may be added or removed at the whim of the Web Content Manager.
- Adkins Arboretum, Ridgely, Maryland
Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay
- American Chestnut Land Trust
- American Fern Society
- Anacostia Watershed Society
- Appalachian Center for Ethnobotanical Studies
- Audubon Naturalist Society
- Audubon Society of Central Maryland
- The Botanical Society of America
- Botanical Society of Washington
- Center for Biological Diversity
- Center for Plant Conservation, part of the Missouri Botanical Garden
- Chesapeake Bay Environmental Center
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation
- Chesapeake Bay Program, sources of information about the Chesapeake Bay.
- Chesapeake Climate Action Network (CCAN)
- Chesapeake Conservation Landscaping Council (CCLC)
- Chesapeake Eco-Check, provides assessments and forecasts on the health of the Chesapeake Bay.
- Chesapeake Ecology Center
- Cove Point Natural Heritage Trust
- Ecological Society of America
- Eastern Forest Environmental Threat Assessment Center
- Eyes of Paint Branch, a grass-roots organization dedicated to preserving the Paint Branch Watershed.
- Friends of Rock Creek's Environment (FORCE)
- Friends of Sligo Creek
- Growing Native
- Herring Run Watershed Association
- The Horticultural Society of Maryland
- Howard County Bird Club, home site. The bird club lists field trips and keeps track of sightings.
- Irvine Nature Center
- Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary
- Lower Shore Land Trust
- Maryland Agricultural Web, a site devoted to listing web links for agricultural sites and farmers' markets. Part of the Cooperative Extension Service.
- Maryland Association for Environmental and Outdoor Education (MAEOE)
- Maryland Association of Non-Profit Organizations (MANO)
- Maryland Biodiversity Project, on-line biota photo gallery.
- Maryland Herps, a discussion list for herps (reptiles and amphibians) occurring within the Maryland, D.C., Virginia and surrounding areas.
- Maryland League of Conservation Voters
- Maryland Ornithological Society
- Mattawoman Watershed Society
- Mid-Atlantic Ecological Landscape Partnership (MAEscapes)
- Mid-Atlantic Exotic Pest Plant Council
- Montgomery County's Agricultural Reserve
- Mt. Cuba Center, Greenville, Delaware
National Association of Exotic Pest Plant Councils
National Audubon Society
- National Wildlife Federation
- Native Plant Conservation Campaign
- The Natural History Society of Maryland
- The Nature Conservancy
- NatureServe, a non-profit conservation organization.
- Neighbors of the Northwest Branch
North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE)
- Northern Virginia Conservation Trust
- Otter Point Creek Anita C. Leight Estuary Center
- Partners in Flight, an international organization to preserve birds.
- Patuxent Wildlife Research Refuge
- Pesticide Action Network of North America
- Plant Conservation Alliance
- Prettyboy Watershed Alliance, works to protect the Prettyboy watershed in Baltimore County.
- Potomac Appalachian Trail Club
- Potomac Conservancy
Potomac Valley Audubon Society
- Project Budburst
- Simplicity Matters Earth Institute
Society for Ecological Restoration International (SER)
- Sustainable Sites Initiative
- Taxpayers for Common Sense
- ThorpeWood, a mountain retreat for at-risk youth.
- United Plant Savers, dedicated to preserving medicinal native plants in the wild.
- U.S. Botanic Garden, Washington, DC
- U.S. National Arboretum, Washington, DC
- University of Maryland Home and Garden Information Center
- Washington Biologists' Field Club
- Wild Ones: Native Plants, Natural Landscapes, a non-profit which "promotes environmentally sound landscaping practices to preserve biodiversity through the preservation, restoration and establishment of native plant communities."
- WindStar Wildlife Institute, a Maryland non-profit dedicated to conserving wildlife.
- The Worthley Botany Class
- The Xerces Society