General Eligibility Requirements for Applicants and Projects.
Anyone may apply whose project meets the following criteria:
- The project must concern Maryland native vascular plants, bryophytes, and/or their habitats.
- The project may concern plants or habitats outside Maryland if:
- The applicant demonstrates that the results of the project will add to the body of knowledge about plants and habitats in Maryland; and
- An appreciable portion of the plant specimens or research sites come from or are located in Maryland.
- The project may concern the effects of invasive non-native plants on Maryland native plants.
- Following these criteria, projects in a number of different fields and disciplines may be appropriate, for example: botany, ecology, genetics, education, environmental restoration, horticulture, and silviculture.